If you cannot access some websites or suspect that NordVPN is blocking them, follow these instructions:
- Clear the cache of your browser while connected to the VPN.
- Use the incognito mode, safe mode, or private mode in your web browser:
- Try a different browser, such as Chrome, Edge, or Brave.
After each step, check if you can access the website in question.
How do I stop NordVPN from blocking sites?
If the issue persists, try these steps:
- Switch between VPN servers. Simply disconnect from the server you're currently connected to and click/tap on a different location using the NordVPN map.
- If you trust the website you’re trying to access, turn off the Threat Protection feature in the NordVPN app settings and try again. If you can access the site with Threat Protection off and you think that NordVPN shouldn’t block this website, please inform our customer support.
- If you’re using a Windows device, your antivirus/firewall may be blocking the access. Try adding exceptions for NordVPN.exe and nordvpn-service.exe.
- Try other connection methods, such as the OpenVPN or IKEv2 protocols.
- Connect to obfuscated servers (via the OpenVPN connection).
- If you have recently installed our app, try restarting your device and checking our VPN troubleshooting tutorial.
If none of these steps help, get in touch with our customer support.