This article is available in French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Swedish, Danish, and Spanish.
Are you unable to reach some websites? Or, perhaps, some don't recognize that you're connected to a different country? Following this set of instructions should resolve your issues. After performing each step, attempt accessing the website in question before proceeding further.
- Try switching between a few different servers. Simply disconnect from a current server and click/tap on a different location using a map.
- Clear the cache of your browser while connected to the VPN.
- Use the incognito window in your browser. Click here and learn how you can find it on different browsers.
- Try using a different browser, such as Google Chrome, Edge, or Brave.
How do I stop NordVPN from blocking sites?
If the issue persists and you believe that NordVPN may be blocking your internet, try these steps as well:
- If you know and trust the website you’re trying to access, turn off the Threat Protection feature in the app settings and try again. If you can access the site with Threat Protection off and you believe that NordVPN is blocking a website it shouldn't be, please inform our customer support agents.
- Your antivirus/firewall may be blocking the access. If you suspect that may be the case, add exceptions for NordVPN.exe and nordvpn-service.exe on Windows to your antivirus/firewall applications.
- Try other connection methods, such as the OpenVPN manual or IKEv2. Different connection methods have different network configurations.
- Connect to Obfuscated Servers (via OpenVPN connection).
- If you have recently installed our app, try restarting your device and checking our VPN troubleshooting tutorial.
If you’re still experiencing this issue after trying these steps and you think that NordVPN is blocking your internet, get in touch with our customer support for help.