Note: If you cannot connect from a country with internet restrictions, check this article: Connecting from a country with internet restrictions
If you are experiencing issues connecting on any of the operating systems below, try following these VPN troubleshooting guides:
- Troubleshooting connectivity on Windows
- Troubleshooting connectivity on Android
- Troubleshooting connectivity on iOS
- Troubleshooting connectivity of Linux app
- Troubleshooting connectivity on macOS
Here are some general tips you can follow if you are unable to connect with the NordVPN application:
- Try at least a few different NordVPN servers.
- In the app, log out of your account and log back in. Try connecting again.
- Uninstall the app, reboot your device, and install the app again. Try connecting once more.
- If you're using a computer, try disabling any antivirus or firewall software, as it can interfere with VPN connections. Try connecting again.
- Try using a different connection method/protocol for your device.
You can also try connecting a different device on the same network. This will help you find out whether the issue is caused by the network or the device. For example, if you're unable to connect your Android phone, try your PC. If both can't connect, the problem is with your network. If your PC connects successfully, there's something wrong with the configuration on your phone. In both cases, contact NordVPN Customer Support for help.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password on your NordVPN account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading our free password manager — NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future.