This article is available in French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Indonesian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese-Brazilian, Danish, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
There can be many different factors interfering with your NordVPN connection. To fix your NordVPN connection, we have three sets of tips you should review below.
Operating system-specific NordVPN connection guides
If you are experiencing issues connecting on any of the operating systems below, try following these VPN troubleshooting guides:
- Troubleshooting connectivity on Windows
- Troubleshooting connectivity on Android
- Troubleshooting connectivity on iOS
- Troubleshooting connectivity of Linux app
- Troubleshooting connectivity on macOS
General NordVPN connection tips
These tips can help if NordVPN is not working on almost any platform. They can also help if your NordVPN server is down or if NordVPN is stuck on connecting:
- If NordVPN is down on your selected server, try at least a few different NordVPN servers. You can use the auto-connect function or use our NordVPN server locator tool.
- In the app, log out of your account and log back in. Try connecting again.
- Uninstall the app, reboot your device, and install the app again. Try connecting once more.
- Try using a different connection method/protocol for your device.
You can also try connecting a different device on the same network. This will help you find out whether the issue is caused by the network or the device. For example, if you're unable to connect your Android phone, try your PC. If both can't connect, the problem is with your network. If your PC connects successfully, there's something wrong with the configuration on your phone.
Connecting from a country with internet restrictions
If you cannot connect from a country with internet restrictions, check this article: Connecting from a country with internet restrictions