This article is available in French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Here’s how to change your DNS configuration in Linux with NordVPN:
- Open the terminal by pressing Ctrl + T
- Enter the following command to become the root user:
- Once you’ve entered your root password, run these commands:
rm -r /etc/resolv.conf
- When the text editor opens, type in the following lines:
- Close and save the file. You can do so by clicking Ctrl + X and pressing Y. Continue typing in the terminal:
chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf
That’s it! You are now using NordVPN’s private DNS servers.