This article is available in Simplified Chinese, Korean, German, Japanese, Arabic, French, Italian, and Spanish.
Note: Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing some issues with connectivity in the region of China as our server configurations for manual connections and applications were recently blocked. Our developers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, your patience is greatly appreciated.
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to configure a manual connection on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad) using the IKEv2 protocol.
- Download the NordVPN IKEv2 certificate to your device. To do that, open this link in Safari: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/certificates/root.der
- The installation screen will appear. Tap Install in each of the steps:
- Once the certificate is installed, tap Done to complete the installation.
3.1. In the iOS 12.2 version and above, after you download the certificate, you might see a pop-up saying: "Profile downloaded. Review the profile in Settings app if you want to install it."
3.2. Go to your iOS Settings > Profile Downloaded > NordVPN Root CA > Install > Trust.
If you cannot see the Profile Downloaded option, go to Settings > General > Profiles. You should find the downloaded profile there.
- Open Settings > General > VPN.
- Tap Add VPN Configuration....
- Complete the fields as follows:
Description: Any preferred name for the VPN connection
Server: server IP from the list below
Remote ID: server hostname from the list below
Local ID: Leave empty
User Authentication: Username
Username: Your NordVPN service credentials
Password: Your NordVPN service password
You can find your NordVPN service credentials (service username and service password) in the Nord Account dashboard. Copy the credentials using Copy the buttons on the right.
IP and hostname list:
- Go back to the Settings menu of the device and tap the toggle switch next to VPN to enable the VPN connection.
Tip: Your VPN connection safety depends on your account password too. Don't forget to use a strong password on your account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your connections safe and uninterrupted.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading our free password manager — NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future.