The NordVPN application for Amazon Fire devices is available for download from the Amazon Appstore. However, while Amazon does not block NordVPN, keep in mind that the first-generation Amazon Fire Stick does not allow VPN connections. Other Amazon Fire devices support VPNs, including NordVPN.
Here is our video tutorial on how to set up and use NordVPN on Amazon Fire devices:
If you prefer to follow written instructions, this text tutorial will also teach you how to install and use the NordVPN app on Amazon Fire devices.
First, you need to download and install the NordVPN application on your Amazon device.
- Select the “Apps” menu on your device’s home screen.
- Open the Amazon Appstore.
- Type “NordVPN” in the search bar and press “Get.”
- Press “Download.”
- Once the application has been installed, press "Open."
- You will see the main menu of the application. Select “Log in” to use your existing NordVPN account or “Sign up” if you need to create a new account.
- If you have pressed “Sign up, you will see a QR code. Scan it with your smartphone and wait for the Nord Account page to load. Once the page has loaded, complete the registration process.
- Log in to NordVPN on your TV with your account. As seen in the screenshot below, you will receive a number for remote validation on your phone, laptop, or PC. Alternatively, you can simply scan the QR code.
- You may be greeted with a few warning messages. These are default Android/FireTV warning messages for VPN connections — it is safe to continue. In some cases, you may be required to mark a checkbox in the popup window.
- You Amazon device setup is now complete.
How do I use NordVPN on Amazon Fire Stick and other Amazon devices?
The NordVPN app is easy to use. In this section, we will explore how to connect to NordVPN servers on your Amazon device and go through the app’s settings.
- Press “Connect now” on the main screen to let our smart algorithm automatically pick the best server for your needs.
- You can press any country button in the “All countries” section to quickly connect to a NordVPN server there.
- In the “Specialty servers” section, you will find P2P, Obfuscated, Dedicated IP, Double VPN, and Onion Over VPN servers.
- In the “Settings,” you can check your subscription status, set up Auto-connect, or select the “Settings” sub-menu to control your NordVPN features (like enabling/disabling Threat Protection Lite, switching VPN protocols, enabling local network discovery, and setting up Custom DNS.)
- The “Trusted apps” section lets you choose which apps bypass your VPN connection. This feature is also known as “split tunneling.”