We have recently released a utility designed to help our customers pick a server. This tutorial will guide you through the usage of this tool and the various different options of it.
1. Pick the country where you want the server to be.
2. Click on Show advanced options to select the type of server you would like to connect to and the protocol you want to use.
3. This is the server’s hostname, which you will have to use in manual VPN connection configurations.
4. This is the name of the server you should connect to. Use it to find and connect to the server in our application.
5. If you click on Show available protocols, you will see a list of all the connection protocols you can use to connect to this server. This is also where you can download the TCP and UDP .ovpn configurations for manual setups.
Keep in mind that all our apps automatically select the best server for you.
Tip: Your VPN connection safety depends on your account password too. Don't forget to use a strong password on your account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your connections safe and uninterrupted.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading our free password manager — NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future.