This article is available in French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Danish, Norwegian, Traditional Chinese, and Italian.
You can find the best NordVPN server in the UK, the best NordVPN server in the US, and the best NordVPN server in any other country easily by using the NordVPN app or our server picker tool.
On PCs, laptops, mobile devices, and Smart TVs
- Open the NordVPN app.
- Choose your desired location from the list of countries and click it.
- Wait for the connection to be established.
Alternatively, you can simply click the “Quick Connect” button. Behind the scenes, the NordVPN app will use a special algorithm to determine which server is best for you.
On routers and certain OpenVPN setups
You can use the NordVPN server picker tool to find your best VPN server for a manual connection. Use the illustrated guide below to find the name and address of your VPN server.
- Pick the country where you want the server to be.
- Click “Show advanced options” to select the type of server you want to connect to and the protocol you want to use.
- This is the server’s hostname, which you will have to use in manual VPN connection configurations.
- This is the name of the server, which you can use to find in the NordVPN application.
Click “Show available protocols” to see a list of all available connection protocols for the server. You can also download the TCP and UDP .ovpn configurations for manual setups.
Keep in mind that all our apps automatically select the best server for you.
What is the best VPN server location for me?
The best VPN server location for you depends on several factors, such as the server’s distance from your actual location and the load of the server. When you click “Quick Connect,” our smart algorithm will take all of these circumstances into consideration before connecting you to the best available VPN server.