Finding the best NordVPN server in the USA, UK, or anywhere else in the world, is made easy with both the NordVPN app and the server picker.
On PCs, laptops, mobile devices, and Smart TVs
- Open the NordVPN app.
- Choose your desired location from the Countries List.
- Press on it and wait until a connection is successfully established.
Alternatively, you can use the Quick Connect button.
It’s really that simple! Behind scenes, the NordVPN app uses a special algorithm that determines which server is best for you. This search is based on several important factors, including the server’s distance from your actual location and the load of the server.
On routers and certain OpenVPN setups
- Pick the country where you want the server to be.
- Click on Show advanced options to select the type of server you would like to connect to and the protocol you want to use.
- This is the server’s hostname, which you will have to use in manual VPN connection configurations.
- This is the name of the server you should connect to. Use it to find and connect to the server in our application.
- If you click on Show available protocols, you will see a list of all the connection protocols you can use to connect to this server. This is also where you can download the TCP and UDP .ovpn configurations for manual setups.
Keep in mind that all our apps automatically select the best server for you.
Tip: Your VPN connection safety depends on your account password too. Don't forget to use a strong password on your account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your connections safe and uninterrupted.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading our free password manager — NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future.