This tutorial is designed to help you set up your GL.iNet with a VPN. We will explain how to connect the GL.iNet router to NordVPN using the OpenVPN protocol.
The following changes have to be made in the web configuration panel of your router, which you can access by entering the local IP of your router in your web browser. The local IPs are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 by default on most routers. You can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username, and password can also be found in the user manual of your router.
1. Download the OpenVPN configuration files from the recommended server. Click on “Show available protocols” under the server and select the configuration files you need.
2. Access your device via the WebGUI. The GL.iNet IP address is 192.168.8.1 by default.
3. Once you are in the admin panel, go to “VPN” > “OpenVPN client” > “Add a new OpenVPN configuration.”
4. Upload the previously downloaded .ovpn file.
5. A new window will pop up, asking you to specify your NordVPN service credentials.
You can find your NordVPN service credentials through the Nord Account dashboard. Copy the credentials using the “Copy” buttons on the right.
6. Click "Connect" to enable the OpenVPN connection.
7. Once connected, you will see your connection status, including your new IP address as well as received and sent data.
8. Congratulations! You are now connected to NordVPN.