- Download the OpenVPN Configuration File Package and extract them into a folder of your choice.
- Click on the network selection button in the upper-right corner of the screen, press VPN Off, and select VPN Settings from the drop-down menu.
- A configuration window will open. Press the + icon next to VPN.
- You will be prompted to choose a connection type. Select Import from file…
- You will be asked to select a file you would like to import. Navigate to the folder where you have extracted the configuration files, select one of the files from the list, and click Open.
- In the pop-up window, enter your NordVPN service username and Password. Press Add.
You can find your NordVPN service credentials in your Nord Account dashboard. Copy the credentials using the Copy buttons on the right.
- Now click on the toggle switch under the VPN section to connect to a NordVPN server. The toggle switch will turn green once connected.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading a free password manager, like NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future.
NordPass offers native apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS, so you can reach your passwords whenever and wherever you need them, even offline.