To connect to NordVPN using the Linux Network Manager, follow these steps:
- Download the OpenVPN Configuration File Package and extract them into a folder of your choice.
- Enter the following command to make sure that you have installed all of the available updates on your device system and OpenVPN network manager:
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y && sudo apt install network-manager-openvpn-gnome -y
- Click on the network selection button in the upper-right corner of the screen, press “VPN off”, and select “VPN settings” from the drop-down menu.
- A configuration window will open. Press the “+” icon next to “VPN.”
- You will be prompted to choose a connection type. Select “Import from file…”
- You will be asked to select a file you would like to import. Navigate to the folder where you have extracted the configuration files, select one of the files from the list, and click "Open."
- In the pop-up window, enter your NordVPN service username and password. Press “Add.”
You can find your NordVPN service credentials through your Nord Account dashboard. Copy the credentials using the “Copy” buttons on the right.
- Now click on the toggle under the VPN section to connect to a NordVPN server. The toggle switch will turn green once connected.