First, let's identify the problem with the NordVPN login process. Do any of the issues below resemble what you have experienced?
- In this case, try resetting the NordVPN application preferences.
- Follow the steps outlined in our article on how to deal with “Error: 429 Too Many Requests.”
- Check your spam folder. If you still can't find the email, please contact our customer support team.
- Try resetting your password. If that does not help, please uninstall the NordVPN application, download NordVPN once again, and see if you can sign in.
I get “error: rotating: transport rotator: ntp check failed” or “rotating: transport rotator: ptr timer is locked.”
- Use one of the following command to remove the app:
sudo apt --purge autoremove nordvpn*
sudo apt-get --purge autoremove nordvpn*
- Install the app again on your Linux device.
If you'd like to learn more, check out our article on how the NordVPN sign-up and log-in process works.