Does NordVPN work on Android TV and Nvidia Shield?
Yes, NordVPN works on Android TV and Nvidia Shield. This tutorial will show you how to install and use the NordVPN app on your device.
How to set up a VPN on Nvidia Shield and Android TV
- Download the NordVPN app for Android TV from our website and install it. You can also find NordVPN on Google Play.
- Once the application has finished installing, tap to open it.
- You will see the main menu of the application. Select “Log in” to use your existing NordVPN account or “Sign up” if you need to create a new account.
If you have clicked “Sign up,” you will see a QR code. Scan it with your smartphone and wait for the Nord Account page to load .Once the page has loaded, complete the registration process.
- Log in to NordVPN on your TV with your account. Like in the screenshot below, you will receive a number for remote validation on your phone, laptop, or PC. Alternatively, you can simply scan the QR code.
- You may be greeted with a few warning messages. These are default Android warning messages for VPN connections — it is safe to continue. In some cases, you may be required to mark a checkbox in the popup window.
Your Nvidia Shield or Android TV setup is now complete.
How to use a VPN on Nvidia Shield and Android TV
The NordVPN app is easy to use. In this section, we will explore how to connect to NordVPN servers on your Nvidia Shield or Android TV and go through the app’s settings.
- Press “Connect now” on the main screen to let our smart algorithm automatically pick the best server for your needs.
- You can click any country button in the “All countries” section to quickly connect to a NordVPN server there.
- In the “Specialty servers” section, you will find P2P, Obfuscated, Dedicated IP, Double VPN, and Onion Over VPN servers.
- In “Settings,” you can check your subscription status, set up auto-connect, or select the “Settings” sub-menu to control your NordVPN features (like enabling/disabling Threat Protection Lite, switching VPN protocols, enabling local network discovery, and setting up a custom DNS.)
- The “Trusted apps” section lets you choose which apps bypass your VPN connection. This feature is also known as “split tunneling.”
If you experience any issues while trying to install NordVPN on Nvidia Shield, Android TV, or other devices, feel free to contact our support team for help.