This article is available in German.
What is the Dark Web Monitor?
In brief terms, the Dark Web Monitor is a technology that scans the internet for any credential leaks associated with your registered NordVPN e-mail address. In the case that any such leaks are found, you will be immediately notified by the NordVPN app. Read more about the feature's usefulness on our blog: https://nordvpn.com/features/dark-web-monitor/
At the moment, the Dark Web Monitor is available only for the macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android apps.
How to activate the feature?
- Press on the button with three horizontal lines in the bottom left corner of the app's window. This will open the settings menu.
- Head to the Dark Web Monitor section and press 'TURN ON'.
- On the main screen, tap the user profile icon in the bottom right corner to access Profile Statistics & Settings.
- Tap on the Dark Web Monitor box and turn it on.
- Tap on the gear icon in the bottom right corner to access the settings menu.
- Find the Tools section and tap on the Dark Web Monitor option to activate it.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner to access the settings menu.
- Head to the Dark Web Monitor section and press 'Turn On'.