What is the Dark Web Monitor?
In brief terms, the Dark Web Monitor is a technology that scans the internet for any credential leaks associated with your registered NordVPN e-mail address. In the case that any such leaks are found, you will be immediately notified by the NordVPN app. Read more about the feature's usefulness on our blog: https://nordvpn.com/blog/dark-web-monitor/
At the moment, the Dark Web Monitor is available only available for the macOS, iOS and Android apps.
How to activate the feature?
- Press on the button with three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the app's window. This will open the settings menu.
- Head to the Dark Web Monitor section and press 'TURN ON'.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper left corners to enter the settings menu.
- Scroll down until you find the Dark Web Monitor option and then press on the switch.
- Similarly, click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corners to access the settings menu.
- Then, scroll down, find the Dark Web Monitor option and activate it.