This tutorial will teach you how to install and use NordVPN on an iPhone and iPad.
Table of contents:
- Downloading and installing
- Setting up and using the app
- Choosing between different servers
- Managing favourite servers
- Open the App Store.
- Search for NordVPN.
Note: NordVPN may not appear in the App Store in certain regions with VPN restrictions. If that’s the case, follow this guide on how to download our app from such locations.
- Tap the Download button.
- Tap the NordVPN app icon to launch it.
- In the main menu, tap SIGN UP to create a new account or LOG IN if you already have one.
- If you don't have an account yet and you're going to be signing up, you will be transferred to NordAccount where you'll first have to enter your email address, press 'continue', and then create a password. In the case that you already have the credentials, you may put them to use by clicking on the 'Log in' button, found just below the input field.
- Once you sign up, you will be brought back into the NordVPN app where you will be prompted to pick a plan before you may begin using the service
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password on your NordVPN account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading a free password manager, like NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future.
NordPass offers native apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS, so you can reach your passwords whenever and wherever you need them, even offline.
- A privacy notification will appear. Click Agree & Continue.
- Once logged in, you will see a map and the Quick Connect button, which will automatically connect you to a server recommended to you by our smart algorithm which chooses a server based on your needs and preferences.
- When connecting for the first time, you will be asked to allow NordVPN to add VPN configurations.
- This is a standard warning message, as VPN configurations are necessary for connecting to VPN servers. NordVPN is a respectable VPN service provider, so tap Allow to continue.
- If you are using Touch ID, you will be asked to confirm your choice with your fingerprint.
- Once connected, a country pin on the map will turn green, and you will see the Connected to (country) message above the map. A VPN icon will also appear in the status bar along the upper edge of the screen, letting you know if you’re connected.
- Tap on a country pin and press QUICK CONNECT to automatically connect to the best server for you in that country, as determined by our smart algorithm.
- You can also view the available countries and specialty servers by swiping up from the bottom of the app with no country pins selected. Tap on the country where you want to automatically connect to a server.
- You can tap on the three dots next to a country to select a specific city. NordVPN will sort the available servers based on your needs, letting you choose the best option.
- You can also tap Search to find a specific server using its server number.
- To add a server to your favorites, tap the heart icon next to it in the server list.
- To access your favorite servers, swipe up from the bottom of the screen while on the main map. You will see a new Favorites category.
- While on the map screen, you can tap the menu icon in the top-right corner to access Account information and Settings.
- This is the general section. Here you will see your subscription details and advanced security options, such as the choice of a VPN protocol.
Cybersec protects you from intrusive ads, malicious sites, and other threats.
The VPN Protocol menu lets you choose your connection protocol (IKEv2, OpenVPN UDP, OpenVPN TCP, and NordLynx).
With Auto-Connect enabled, the NordVPN app will automatically run and connect you to a secure VPN server whenever your phone is on and is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
In the TRUSTED WI-FI NETWORKS section, you can disable Auto-Connect on specific networks. For example, you can make an exception for a trusted home Wi-Fi network.