If you are getting an Error Code 1603 while trying to install the NordVPN TAP adapter, you should follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features.
- Locate the "NordVPN network TAP" click on it with the right mouse button and choose "Uninstall".
- Restart the computer.
- Now install the TAP driver again according to your operating system:
https://downloads.nordcdn.com/drivers/windows/7/NordVPNTap/NordVPNTapSetup.exe - Windows 7
https://downloads.nordcdn.com/drivers/windows/8/NordVPNTap/NordVPNTapSetup.exe - Windows 8
https://downloads.nordcdn.com/drivers/windows/10/NordVPNTap/NordVPNTapSetup.exe - Windows 10
- Try to use the NordVPN application.
If the issue persists after following the steps above, try these instructions:
- Open the Command Prompt using administrator privileges (you will find a tutorial on how to do that here: https://www.whatvwant.com/run-command-prompt-as-administrator/).
- Run the following command: