Issues with NordVPN app configuration
- Make sure your NordVPN account is active.
- Check if you’re using the latest NordVPN application version (7.8.5).
- Switch between TCP and UDP protocols.
- Connect to another VPN server.
- If that does not help, reset the application:
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) in the bottom left corner.
- Click General.
- Scroll down until you see the Diagnostics section and click Run diagnostics.
- A new window will open. Select Reset app.
Issues with the Windows OS
The issue might lie in the configuration of your Windows OS, its applications, and networks. Check out our article on common NordVPN app issues on Windows.
FATAL: Blocking DNS failed error
If you are getting a FATAL: Blocking DNS failed error:
- Reinstall the NordVPN TAP drivers:
- Go to Control Panel > Add or remove programs.
- Find NordVPN network TAP and delete it.
- Download and install the TAP drivers.
- Try connecting again.
- If the issue persists, try the following steps:
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter and select Properties.
- Select TCP/IPv4 and click Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab, uncheck Automatic, and set Interface metric to 1.