There are several reasons why you may be having trouble connecting to NordVPN on your Windows computer. These include issues with your account status, network settings, adapters, or app configuration.
That’s why you should go through the following steps one by one.
- First, make sure your account is active.
- Then, try switching between TCP and UDP connection protocols and connect to a different server.
- If that does not help, try resetting the NordVPN app:
- Open the app Settings by pressing the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner of the app.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Run Diagnostics Tool.
- In the window that opens, select Reset app.
- The issue might also lie in the configuration of your Windows OS, its applications, and networks. We also have an article on common issues with the Windows app.
After each step, check if the issue remains. In the case that the problems are still there, be sure to reach out to our support team for a quick solution by pressing on either the email or chat button bellow.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password on your NordVPN account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading our free password manager — NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers a native Windows app.