This article is available in French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian, and German.
There are several reasons why you may be having trouble connecting to NordVPN on your Windows computer. These include issues with your account status, network settings, adapters, or app configuration.
That’s why you should go through the following steps one by one. After each step, check if the issue remains.
- First, make sure your account is active.
- Second, ensure you are using the latest NordVPN application version (7.4.7). If you are using the older version, learn how to uninstall a current application version by clicking here and download the latest version by using this link: https://nordvpn.com/download/.
- Then, try switching between TCP and UDP connection protocols and connect to a different server.
- If that does not help, try resetting the NordVPN app:
- Open the app Settings by pressing the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner of the app.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Run Diagnostics Tool.
- In the window that opens, select Reset app.
- The issue might also lie in the configuration of your Windows OS, its applications, and networks. We also have an article on common issues with the Windows app.