Make these adjustments to check if your application is set up correctly:
Open the All countries dropdown menu in the app and select a specific server.
- Try resetting the application:
- Open the app Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Run Diagnostics Tool.
- In the window that opens, select Reset app.
- If you are getting the FATAL: Blocking DNS failed error:
- Reinstall the NordVPN TAP drivers:
Go to Control Panel > Add or remove programs > Find NordVPN network TAP, and delete it. After that, download and install the TAP drivers from this link and try connecting again.
- If the issue persists, try the following steps:
1. Go to Network and Sharing Center.
2. Go to Change Adapter Settings.
3. Right-click TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter and select Properties.
4. Select TCP/IPv4 and click Properties.
5. Click on the Advanced tab, uncheck Automatic, and set Interface metric to 1.
If none of this helps, please check other troubleshooting methods for Windows: Troubleshooting connectivity on Windows.