This article is available in French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Here's how you can change the DNS servers on...
1. Right-click the network icon (or the Wi-Fi icon if you are connected to Wi-Fi) in the taskbar notification area and select Network and Sharing Center.
2. Select Change adapter options.
3. Right-click the TAP-NordVPN Windows adapter V9 and choose Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
5. Select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter NordVPN's DNS addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for your physical network adapter, which will be called Ethernet or Wi-Fi (depending on which one you use).
And you're done! The DNS servers should have now been successfully set.
On Windows 11
1. At the bottom of your screen, find and press on the magnifying glass icon.
2. A window with a search bar will appear. Type in "Manage Network Adapter Settings" and open the matching result.
3. Find TAP-NordVPN Windows adapter V9, and click on it. More details will appear, including the option to "View additional properties". Press it.
4. Next to "DNS server assignment" press the "Edit" button.
5. In the small pop-up box, select "Manual".
6. Now, adjust the settings as follows:
IPv4 turned ON
Preferred DNS: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11
IPv6 turned OFF
Then, press Save.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for your physical network adapter, which will be called Ethernet or Wi-Fi (depending on which one you use)