This article is available in French.
This is a tutorial on how to install and use the NordVPN app for Android TV and Nvidia Shield TV.
- Download and install the NordVPN app from this page: https://nordvpn.com/download/android-tv/.
- Alternatively, you should be able to find NordVPN the app on the Google Play Store.
- When the application is installed, tap to open it.
- You will see the main menu of the application. Select Sign up.
- You will be shown a QR code. Scan it with your smartphone device and wait until your mobile device loads up the NordAccount page. There you will need to proceed with the signup process by entering your desired credentials.
- After you create an account and log in within NordVPN on your TV. As depicted on the screenshot below, you should receive a number which you can use to insert at nordaccount.com/remote from your phone, laptop or PC. Alternatively, you can simply scan the QR code.
Using a complex formula that includes various server parameters, Connect now chooses the best server for you at that moment.
- You may be greeted with a few warning messages. They are default Android warning messages for VPN connections, and you can safely press OK on them. They may also require you to mark a checkbox in the window.
- You can also select any of the country buttons under All Countries menu and quickly connect to a server from that country.
- Under the Specialty servers menu, you can find P2P, Obfuscated, Dedicated IP, Double VPN and Onion over VPN server categories.
- Under the Settings menu, you can find other settings of the application, like CyberSec, select VPN protocol, Allow local network discovery, and set Custom DNS.
- In the Trusted apps section, you can add specific apps to bypass the VPN connection, also known as split-tunneling.
- And that is it! Afterward, we suggest exploring our application by following the guides on the key features.