Payments may fail for various reasons. Here are a few tips you might find useful.
To avoid multiple charges or temporary hold of funds, do not make repeated attempts to complete a purchase.
You may contact your credit card company – it is likely to have information about the failed transaction and the status of your account.
If you’ve tried to make a payment with a credit card, but your account is still not active, there are a few common causes:
- Insufficient funds. Check if your bank account has enough credit to make the payment.
- Incorrect information. The information you provide when paying must match the information on your credit card.
- Expired card. Check the expiration date of your card.
- Fraud detection. This usually happens when you try to make a payment while connected to a VPN or when using a proxy. Having an unusual IP address (such as an IP address of a country different from the one where your credit card was issued) may also be the cause.
- The transaction was declined by the issuing bank. You may want to contact your bank and allow future payments to NordVPN.
If you use a prepaid credit card, register it online before use. Contact the card issuer if you have trouble completing the registration.
Have you tried to make a payment with CoinPayments but your account is still inactive? Your transaction may not have been confirmed in the coin network yet – just give it more time.
Your transaction might also have timed out if you took too long to make the payment. In this case, contact our support team, and we will be glad to help you.