Here are steps that will help you stay secured while using NordVPN:
- Regularly clear cache and browsing data in your browser.
- Use a separate private browser window for each different website while surfing the internet. For example make sure you do not have any other windows opened while accessing your Google account, so data would not be traced or associated with it.
- Regularly check on your VPN connection and if the IP is changed to prevent any risk while dealing with unstable connection. You can check if you are connected to the VPN by going to NordVPN website and checking the 'Status' on the top right side of the website.
- Check if your DNS Servers are not leaking. You can check that on this website.
- You can also set up auto connect feature to automatically connect to VPN server when logging in the NordVPN application.
- Kill switch feature will help you terminate the processes when the VPN connection drops out. You can use it with our custom NordVPN software for Windows, Mac OS and Android devices.
- You can set up Socks proxy on your P2P programs to diverge your connection options and safely use them.