Setting up NordVPN extension on Firefox
- To install the extension click Add to Firefox.
- Afterward, you will be prompted to grant permission for this application, click Add.
- After that, you will be asked to allow the extension to run in a private window, check this and click "Okay".
- After the installation is finished NordVPN logo will appear on the Toolbar on the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on the NordVPN logo and you will be prompted to sign in, use your NordVPN credentials to do so.
Using and customizing the NordVPN Firefox Extension
Let's look at how you can make the first connection and adjust the extension settings to suit your needs.
- Protected status: when you connect to a NordVPN server, this bar will confirm that your connection is successful by displaying the status as Protected.
- Quick Connect: the fastest way to begin using the NordVPN extension. After pressing Quick Connect, you'll be immediately connected to a NordVPN server.
- Search: whereas the Quick Connect option will decide on a server location for you, this option allows you to specify the country of the NordVPN server.
- Settings: here, you can find your General, Connection, Security and privacy settings.
General: in these settings, you can find your subscription information, application appearance, language preferences, and a function to import and export split tunneling settings.
Connection: when accessing connection settings, you can choose to automatically connect to NordVPN servers or add URLs that you wish to be excluded from the NordVPN connection.
Security and privacy: here, enable the WebRTC Leaks option and Threat Protection Lite. Also, choose to turn on security warnings for suspicious websites.
- Support Assistance: more information about the extension and live chat with an agent option can be found here.
- Notifications: updates and news about the NordVPN extension.
- Main extension window: If you click here, you can open the main extension window.
- List of Recently Connected Countries: This section displays the countries to which you have established a recent connection. In case you haven't connected to any server yet, you will find recommendations for countries to connect to.