This tutorial explains how to connect your Sabai router to NordVPN using the OpenVPN protocol.
First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 - you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
1. Access your Sabai router (default IP address of Sabai routers is: 192.168.199.1) 2. Once you access your router, press on Network which is in the top left corner and select OpenVPN
3. Press Choose File and import one of our .ovpn server configuration files. You should connect to a server suggested to you by our server picker here. To find the server configuration file, click Show available protocols and click Download config next to OpenVPN TCP or OpenVPN UDP.
4. Wait until the import process finishes. Click Show File and Edit.
5. Enter your NordVPN service credentials and click Done.
You can find your NordVPN service credentials (service username and service password) in the Nord Account dashboard:
- Click Set up NordVPN manually.
- You will receive a verification code in your email that you use for NordVPN services. Type the code in:
- Copy the credentials using the “Copy” buttons on the right:
6. Press Start in order to connect to a VPN server.