When purchasing a NordVPN subscription, you get access to the NordVPN application for Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, and Linux OS devices and the NordVPN proxy extension for your Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers. While both provide security and hide your online presence, they do have different additional benefits.
NordVPN extension's main benefits:
- NordVPN proxy extension is a more lightweight version of the NordVPN application and does not ask for administrator rights for use.
- The proxy extension only secures your browser traffic.
- To start using the extension, you can add it to your browser with a few simple clicks and avoid the application download and installation process.
- By clicking on the NordVPN logo in your browser, you can quickly connect/disconnect to 55 countries.
- The extension allows you to access blocked websites and streaming services without closing or minimizing your browser.
- You can choose websites you wish to exclude from the secure connection using the Split Tunneling feature.
NordVPN application main benefits:
- Has different server categories such as Double VPN Servers, Obfuscated Servers, and Dedicated IP.
- Let's you choose between OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec, and Nordlynx connection protocols.
- You can prevent your device from making unprotected connections by using the Kill Switch feature.
- Offers a new secure communication between devices feature - Meshnet.
- Prevent others from exploiting account information leaked to the dangerous dark web while using the Dark Web Monitor feature.
- Allows you to choose specific cities/regions.
Which product version you should use depends on your online security needs.