In order to connect your Endian Firewall to NordVPN you will have to configure your device according to the upcoming steps. By default you can’t configure NordVPN via the graphical interface, hence SSH will have to be used to make additional changes in your devices internal system.
- 1. Download our CA and TLS key files from this link.
- 2. Access your Endian Firewall via SSH and type in the following line (as shown in the screenshot below):
- 3. Then press Enter and add these lines into the file (as shown in the screenshot bellow):
cipher AES-256-CBC tun-mtu 1500 tun-mtu-extra 32 mssfix 1450
- 4. Save and exit.
- 5. Login into your Endian Firewalls graphical interface via web browser and go to VPN -> OpenVPN client (Gw2Gw).
- 6. Click Add tunnel configuration and fill in the info according to the server you chose. In this tutorial we will use DE 138 server:
Connection Name: NordVPN Germany 138 Connect To: de138.nordvpn.com Upload Certificate: select the corresponding CA certificate file which in this case is de138_nordvpn_com_ca.crt Username: Your NordVPN username Password: Your NordVPN password Click Advanced Connection Type: TUN NAT: enabled Protocol: UDP
- 7. Click Save and you will return to the main screen.
- 8. Then press on Pencil icon to the left of your created connection to edit the settings.
- 9. Then click Advanced Tunnel Configuration.
- 10. Add the corresponding TLS certificate. In this case de138_nordvpn_com_tls.key and change MD5 direction to 1.
- 11. Click Save and wait a few seconds for it to connect (you can verify this via the log file).
Congratulations, now you are successfully connected to NordVPN.