If you are using an e-mail client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or Apple Mail, you may come across an issue where your e-mail messages are either:
• Unable to be sent, but can be received;
• Unable to be received, but can be sent;
• Unable to be both sent or received.
This issue does not pertain to "webmail", which accesses your e-mail through your web browser.
- The first solution to try is to change the outgoing and incoming mail ports your e-mail client uses. Our service blocks traffic over the insecure port 25, so try and make sure to use the other commonly used e-mail ports, such as 587 or 465.
- If that does not help, try changing the NordVPN server you are using. Sometimes, your e-mail provider may block access to their e-mail services from known VPN server IP addresses, and thus switching to a different NordVPN server may help.
- You can also try logging in and viewing your e-mail inbox on your e-mail providers website while being connected to our VPN servers. This may allow you to use your e-mail client afterwards, as your e-mail provider will be sure that your current IP address is trusted. For example: gmail.com
- If neither of the above solutions help, please contact our Support team at https://nordvpn.com/contact-us/ at let them know of the steps you already tried. You may also have to contact your e-mail provider for more accurate troubleshooting, as your e-mail provider would know best why it is not working.