First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 - you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
Please also note that not all Arris routers support VPN connections, so yours might not have the following options. If it doesn't - you will not be able to set up our service on it.
In order to setup an L2TP connection on your Arris router please access your router and under WAN Setup please change your Connection Type to L2TP.
Then select the following options:
- Check Enable L2TP
- Put in your NordVPN credentials.
- Server Address: use one of our server names from this list: https://nordvpn.com/servers/
- My Internet IP: Get automatically from ISP. If there is no such setting, please skip it.
- My IP Address: leave blank
- My Subnet Mask: leave blank
- Enable Idle Timeout
- Idle timeout: 300
- Enable Keep alive
- Keep Alive: 30