This article is available in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Danish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Norwegian, and Japanese.
Smart DNS technology works by automatically switching your DNS servers (which provide IP addresses for your devices to connect to) whenever you try to access unavailable content. This is especially useful if you want to access legitimate subscriptions from your home country when you’re away.
To enable NordVPN’s smart DNS on your Apple TV, follow these steps:
- On the device you're currently using, ensure that you're connected to the same network as your Apple TV.
(For example, if your Apple TV is connected to “Wi-Fi_123,” then connect your current device to the same Wi-Fi).
- Now, open your Nord Account and log in. Afterward, in the “Services” section, click on NordVPN.
- In the “Smart DNS” category, press the “Activate” button.
This will allowlist your IP address and allow you to use smart DNS on the network that your Apple TV is connected to.
(The next steps could vary based on the model of your Apple TV)
- On your Apple TV, navigate to “General” and select “Network.”
- Click on “Wi-Fi” at the top and select the network you allowlist in step 3.
- Select “Configure DNS” and choose “Manual.”
- Enter our smart DNS server addresses:
Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS (if available): 184.108.40.206