Split tunneling is an option that allows you to have a specific part of your internet connection to be rerouted outside of the VPN. You may find it useful for situations where a VPN connection may be unnecessary, for instance, when dealing with a trusted application.
- Open the settings menu.
- Head down to the Split tunneling section, turn it ON, and then press Add apps.
- Click on a gear icon in the left-bottom corner.
- Choose Split Tunneling settings.
- Turn the feature on and choose to add apps.
Look here and you'll find the latest updates concerning known issues and how to resolve them.
At the moment, it is known that when the split tunneling feature is used some services still appear to be affected by the VPN. This is related to the fact that although your real IP address does get routed through the excluded application, the DNS servers provided by NordVPN are still in effect, which may cause an issue.
We are currently working to resolve this problem.
- Tap on the profile icon and open the settings menu by tapping on the gear icon.
- Head over to the VPN connection settings and choose the Split tunneling option.
- After you open the NordVPN app, scroll down to the Settings section, and click on Trusted apps.
- Click on Add apps.