The latest version of the Microsoft Edge browser is based on Chromium. That means that you can now use extensions from Chrome Web Store on the Edge browser.
- Firstly, make sure that you have the latest version of Microsoft Edge browser installed on your computer. You can download the latest version here.
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Open the NordVPN extension page at Chrome Web Store.
- Click on Allow extenstions from other store on top of the page.
- Confirm changes on the next pop-up. Click Allow.
- Now you can install the NordVPN extension. Click Add to Chrome.
- After the installation is finished NordVPN logo will appear on the Toolbar on the top right corner of the browser. Click on the NordVPN logo and you will be prompted to sign in, use your NordVPN credentials to do so.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password on your NordVPN account as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend to download free password manager - NordPass. It generates secure passwords when needed and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers Edge extension.
After you sign in to your account you will be able to use feature Quick Connect which will choose the closest and least loaded server.
You can also choose a server in a specific country by clicking Search for a specific country option.
Please note that when you are connected using the extension, green badge on NordVPN icon will indicate the country you are connected to.