How to set up NordVPN on Raspberry Pi with Kodi
- Download Kodi OpenVPN plugin on your Raspberry:
- Transfer the .zip file you have downloaded to your Kodi device.
- Once the .zip file is in the media centre, in Kodi go to System > Settings > Add-ons. Click on Install from zip file.
- Use the Up and Down arrows to locate the folder where you have copied the .zip file and install it.
- Wait a few seconds until you see a notification in the bottom-right corner of the window indicating that the Kodi OpenVPN add-on is enabled.
- On your computer, create a new .txt file containing two lines. The first line is your username and the second is your password. For the sake of this tutorial, we have named the file nordvpnpass.txt.
- Download the .ovpn configuration file of the server you want to connect to from https://nordvpn.com/servers/tools/ to your computer.
- Open the file you have downloaded and edit the auth-user-pass line to contain the location where you want to store the nordvpnpass.txt file on your Kodi. It should look like this:
- Move both files to your Raspberry Pi.
- Open the OpenVPN add-on you have previously installed and use it to locate the .ovpn configuration file you have moved to your media center to connect to VPN.