If you also want to browse the web safely on your Chrome device or in your Chrome browser, you can use our Chrome extension that secures your traffic with HTTPS.
We also offer an option to block the RTC protocol and prevent IP leaks. The AdBlocker alternative will help you avoid phishing, malware, and other threats. You can also use our Bypass List to exclude certain websites from proxy traffic.
- Get the NordVPN extension here: Google Chrome Web Store.
- Click on Add to Chrome button.
- Chrome might ask you if you want to add the extension. Click Add extension.
- Then you will receive a NordVPN notification that the extension was added successfully.
- The NordVPN logo appears in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. You can log in (1) or register (2). If you want to sign in, you will be redirected to your NordAccount, where you will need to enter your registered email address and password. You can also sign in using a Google account or by entering a code. If you are a new user, you will need to create a new NordAccount by entering your email address and other required information.
- After selecting one of the above options, you will be redirected to the main screen of the extension. There you can make a quick connection or search for a specific country. You can also access the extension settings by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner of the extension.
- After the connection to our server is successfully established, a green light with a country code appears in the upper right corner of the extension. To disconnect from a server, press the Disconnect button.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password for your NordVPN account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading a free password manager like NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, saving you time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers a Chrome extension.