Here are steps that will help you stay secure while using NordVPN:
- Regularly clear cache and browsing data in your browser.
- Use a separate private browser window for each different website while surfing the internet. As an example, make sure you do not have any other windows opened while accessing your Google account, so data would not be traced or associated with it.
- Check if your DNS Servers are not leaking. You can check that on this website.
- You can also set up an auto-connect feature to automatically connect to the VPN server when logging into the NordVPN application. Instructions on how to use auto-connect for different apps are available at the app tutorials.
- Kill switch feature will help you terminate the processes when the VPN connection drops out. You can use it with our custom NordVPN software for Windows, macOS, Android, and Linux devices.
Tip: Your VPN connection safety depends on your account password too. Don't forget to use a strong password on your account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your connections safe and uninterrupted.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading our free password manager — NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future.