This article is available in French, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian, Traditional Chinese, and German.
Keychain Access is the macOS built-in password management app. It stores your passwords and accounts information so you have fewer passwords to remember and manage.
Keychain Access offers to remember or save the password when you access a website, email account, network server, or another password-protected item. If you save the password, it’s saved in your keychain, so you don’t have to remember or type your password every time.
The NordVPN app stores your account password in the keychain for safety and convenience. Every time you connect, our app will access the keychain for your password, and you may get a prompt to enter your keychain password. The keychain password usually matches your device password unless you have changed it.
This pop-up could have a few variations when using the NordVPN app. If the Keychain pop-up is blocked, you can enter your Mac user password and select "Always Allow". Do this up to 5 times when the pop-up appears again.
If, after entering the password, the Nordlynx (Nordlynxtelio) keychain pop-up appears, try to switch to the Open VPN (TCP) or Open VPN (UDP) connection protocol as described in this guide and connect again.
If the Always Allow option does not help and the pop-up does not disappear, try the following:
- Open Keychain Access. (Open macOS Launchpad and type in "Keychain Access" in a search field or in Finder > Applications > Utilities).
- Select the "login" entry (upper left corner) in the Keychain window and right-click on it.
- Click "Lock keychain "Login".
- Then try to unlock it.
- You may need to enter your Mac login password after that.
- Try to connect to our servers once again.
If you are unable to make any changes in the suggested way, follow the following steps:
- Open the Terminal (Finder > Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal or cmd+space).
- Run this single-line command to lock the keychain:
- Run this single-line command to unlock the keychain:
You will be required to enter your Mac user password. Please note that its input will be hidden. After you enter the password, hit the Return button.