Here’s how to create Siri shortcuts, which let you connect to NordVPN, and how to delete them.
Setting up Siri shortcuts
You can create Siri shortcuts in the NordVPN app in a few steps.
- Open the NordVPN app on your phone and click on the profile icon in the lower-right corner.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner. This will lead you to the settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Siri shortcuts tab. Tap on it.
- You’ll see two options: Quick connect and Disconnect. Choose the first option.
- Set up the shortcut by typing the sentence you want Siri to recognize or by recording it with your own voice.
In this example, you can see the sentence typed in.
- Once you enter or record the sentence, it will be shown in bright black letters.
Note: you can still edit the sentence by tapping it and rewriting or recording your voice again by clicking on Change Voice Phrase.
Click Done. If your keyboard is visible, the button will be in the bottom-right corner (Example 1). If it is not, you’ll find it at the bottom center just above the Remove Shortcut phrase (Example 2).
Deleting Siri shortcuts
Here’s how to delete Siri shortcuts.
- Locate the Shortcuts app on your iOS device. You can find it by using the search bar in the App Library. Once you see the Shortcuts app — tap to open it.
- In the Shortcuts app, you can locate all of the shortcuts you have created (please note that some shortcuts are created by default), edit, and delete them.
Hold your finger on the shortcut you wish to delete until you see a table pop up underneath it:
You’ll see various ways to interact with the shortcut. To delete it, click on the last option: Delete.
- You’ll have to confirm the deletion — so tap Delete Shortcut once again.