When you troubleshoot with our customer support team, they may ask you to upload the connection log files of the NordVPN desktop application to help diagnose the issue. Below you can find the relevant tutorials on how to find and upload connection logs.
- Open the NordVPN application and click on the Settings icon.
- Go to Advanced settings and click Run Diagnostics Tool.
(On Windows 10 and 11)
- Click on the gear icon to reach the settings
- Go to General app settings.
- Choose to Run Diagnostics tool.
- In the NordVPN Diagnostics window, select Collect diagnostics and wait for the process to complete.
- A message will pop up, notifying you what data the diagnostics will collect. You can safely click Continue. The user’s safety, anonymity, and security is our number one priority, and we guarantee that this information will be used only in order to help you.
- Once the process is complete, you will receive a reference number, which you will have to specify to our support specialist in the live chat or in your email.
In case the Diagnostics window says Failed to send diagnostics, you will need to provide the generated diagnostics report manually.
File Explorer will automatically open the directory where the report has been saved. By default, diagnostic reports are saved at C:\Program Files\NordVPN\Diagnostics.
You can forward the diagnostics report via email or attach it to the live chat by clicking on the paperclip button at the bottom left corner of the chat window.