First things first, these changes are made in the web configuration panel of your router. You can access it by visiting the local IP of your router from your web browser. The two most common, default local IPs that most routers have are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 - you can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username and password are listed in your router’s User Manual.
1. Download our .ovpn configuration files from here: https://nordvpn.com/ovpn/
2. Open one of the files which corresponds to the server you will be connecting to.
3. Copy all of the content from that file.
4. Navigate to your routers VPN menu.
5. Paste the copied content into Config field.
6. Type in your NordVPN service username and password in the appropriate fields.
You can find your NordVPN service credentials (service username and service password) in the Nord Account dashboard:
- Click Set up NordVPN manually.
- You will receive a verification code in your email that you use for NordVPN services. Type the code in:
- Copy the credentials using the “Copy” buttons on the right:
7. Check Enable, and click Apply.
8. If you run into any issues - please send us the whole connection log from VPN Log field.