Note: You don't have to set up a proxy if you are using the NordVPN app.
Additionally, keep in mind that NordVPN service should never be used to bypass copyright regulations. NordVPN does not promote, condone, or endorse the use of the service for such purposes. For more details, please read the NordVPN Terms of Service.
1. Open qBittorrent.
2. Open the application preferences by going to Tools > Options or using the Alt + O keyboard shortcut.
3. Select the Connection category in the sidebar menu.
4. Under the Proxy Server section, set the following:
Host: Enter the address from the list below:
Tick the Use proxy for peer connections and the Authentication boxes, and enter your credentials.
Username: NordVPN service username
Password: NordVPN service password
You can find your NordVPN service credentials in the Nord Account dashboard. Copy the credentials using the Copy buttons on the right.
Click OK to save the settings.
To check whether it works, here is what you have to do:
1. Go to this website.
2. Scroll down to Torrent Address detection, press Activate, and click on this Magnet link.
3. A new window will pop up, prompting you to open qBittorrent. Press Open qBittorrent. Important: do not close ipleak website.
4. qBittorrent will open automatically and the magnet link will start synchronizing
5. While the file is connecting to peer, return to the ipleak website. A new IP address, the one that you chose, should appear.
As you can see, this is the IP address of a NordVPN server, which means that qBittorrent is downloading files through a NordVPN proxy, ensuring your downloads are hidden and secured.