Note: You don't have to set up a proxy if you are using the NordVPN app.
Additionally, keep in mind that NordVPN service should never be used to bypass copyright regulations. NordVPN does not promote, condone, or endorse the use of the service for such purposes. For more details, please read the NordVPN Terms of Service.
1. Open your uTorrent client.
2. Click Options and select Preferences.
3. In the left sidebar menu of the pop-up window, click Connection.
4. Under the Proxy Server section, choose Socks5 in the Type dropdown menu.
5. In the Proxy field, enter the address from the list below:
6. In the Port field, type 1080 and make sure you check all the boxes:
- Use proxy for hostname lookups;
- Use proxy for peer-to-peer connections;
- Disable all local DNS lookups;
- Disable features that leak identifying information;
- Disable connections unsupported by the proxy.
7. Enter your NordVPN service username and password in the authentication fields and press OK.
You can find your NordVPN service credentials in the Nord Account dashboard. Copy the logins using the Copy buttons next to the credentials.
Congratulations! You have just set up Socks5 for uTorrent. To check if it works, here is what you have to do:
1. Go to this website.
2. Scroll down to Torrent Address detection, press Activate, and click on this Magnet link.
3. A new window will pop up. Choose uTorrent and press OK. Important: Do not close the IP Leak website.
4. uTorrent will open automatically and the Magnet Tracking Link will start synchronizing.
5. While the file is connecting to peer, return to the IP Leak website. A new IP address, the one that you chose, will appear.
This is the VPN IP address of a NordVPN server, which means that uTorrent is downloading files through a NordVPN proxy, ensuring that your downloads are hidden and secured.