- Access your QNAP and select QVPN Service -> VPN Client -> VPN Connection Profiles -> Add -> OpenVPN.
- Import one of our ovpn files. We suggest using our Recommended server utility that can be found here. Download the appropriate configuration file:
- Enter your NordVPN service credentials and click Apply:
You can find your NordVPN service credentials at the Nord Account dashboard. Copy the credentials using the buttons on the right.
- You should see the new connection visible. Select the profile and click Use VPN as NAS Default Gateway.
- Click on an Enable VPN Gateway slider.
- You should be connected to a VPN after a few moments.
Check whether the VPN connection is working:
- Go to this website and copy the location of the magnet link. Do not close this page just yet.
- Now open Download Station on your QNAP user interface and add a URL to your downloads list.
- In the new window, paste the Magnet link you have copied earlier and click Next. In the next window, hit Apply without making any changes.
- Now you can go back to the website you have copied your magnet link from and see what IP address your QNAP is using. It should show the IP address of the server you are connected to.