This is a tutorial on how to set up NordVPN on a Synology DiskStation Manager version 6.1 and later.
- Log in to your Synology and go to Control Panel.
- Navigate to Network.
- Go to Network Interface > Create > Create VPN Profile.
- Select OpenVPN (via importing a .ovpn file) and click Next. We suggest using our recommended server utility here, where you can download the server configuration file:
- Complete the fields as shown in the picture below. Import the downloaded .ovpn configuration file and click Next.
You can find your NordVPN service credentials in the Nord Account dashboard. Copy the credentials using the buttons on the right.
- Select all options and click Apply.
- Select the created profile and click Connect.
The status of this profile will change to Connected when the connection is established.
In case of any issues while trying to establish the connection, open the .ovpn configuration file on your computer and add this line:
Afterward, import the edited .ovpn file again into Synology and try connecting again. Send us the log file from this directory: