If you’re having trouble connecting to NordVPN on your Linux device using the NordVPN app, there are a few adjustments you can try. Check if the issue remains after following each set of instructions.
1. Update the NordVPN app:
- Open the terminal.
- Type the following commands to update the app:
sudo apt update (or sudo apt-get update)
sudo apt upgrade (or sudo apt-get upgrade)
2. Reinstall the app:
- Type the following command to remove the app:
sudo apt --purge autoremove nordvpn* (or sudo apt-get --purge autoremove nordvpn*)
- Reinstall the app following this tutorial.
3. Use a manual connection method:
- If the issue remains, try connecting using the manual connection method.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading the free password manager NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, saving you time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers a native Linux app.