In order to connect your Endian Firewall to NordVPN you will have to configure your device according to the upcoming steps (otherwise you may experience connectivity issues). By default you can’t configure NordVPN via the graphical interface, hence SSH will have to be used to make additional changes in your device's internal system.
1. Download our CA and TLS key files from this link.
2. Access your Endian Firewall via SSH and type in the following line (as shown in the screenshot below):
3. Then press Enter and add these lines into the file (as shown in the screenshot below):
4. Save and exit.
5. Login into your Endian Firewalls graphical interface via web browser and go to VPN -> OpenVPN client (Gw2Gw).
6. Click Add tunnel configuration and fill in the info according to the server you chose.
For the sake of the tutorial, we have used us936.nordvpn.com, but you should connect to a server suggested to you at https://nordvpn.com/servers/tools/ . You can find the server hostname right under the server title.
7. Click Save and you will return to the main screen.
8. Then press on Pencil icon to the left of your created connection to edit the settings.
9. Then click Advanced Tunnel Configuration.
10. Add the corresponding TLS certificate. In this case us936_nordvpn_com_tls.key and change MD5 direction to 1.
11. Click Save and wait a few seconds for it to connect (you can verify this via the log file).
Congratulations, now you are successfully connected to NordVPN.