Downloading the NordVPN Edge Extension
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Go to Edge Add-ons and enter "NordVPN" into the search bar (or simply click here).
- On the NordVPN extension page, to the right, you'll find the button "Get". Press on it.
- A window will appear, explaining the permissions the extension will have. Continue by clicking Add extension.
- After the installation is finished, the NordVPN logo will appear on the toolbar in the top-right corner of the browser. Click on the NordVPN logo and you will be prompted to either log in or sign up using Nord Account.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password on your NordVPN account as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend to download free password manager - NordPass. It generates secure passwords when needed and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers Edge extension.
Using and customizing the NordVPN Edge Extension
Let's look at how you can make the first connection and adjust the extension settings to suit your needs.
- Protected status: when you connect to a NordVPN server, this bar will confirm that your connection is successful by displaying the status as Protected.
- Quick Connect: the fastest way to begin using the NordVPN extension. After pressing Quick Connect, you'll be immediately connected to a NordVPN server.
- Search for a specific country: whereas the Quick Connect option will decide on a server location for you, this option allows you to specify the country of the NordVPN server.
- Menu settings: here you can find additional features, such as the ability to block WebRTC, activate the Threat Protection Lite, and manage which websites use Split-Tunneling.