This article is available in German, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Swedish, Danish, and Spanish.
Setting up NordVPN extension on Firefox
You can get the VPN service for Firefox from the Firefox website for extensions.
- To install the extension click Add to Firefox.
- Afterward, you will be prompted to grant permission for this application, click Add.
- After that, you will be asked to allow the extension to run in a private window, check this and click "Okay".
- After the installation is finished NordVPN logo will appear on the Toolbar on the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on the NordVPN logo and you will be prompted to sign in, use your NordVPN credentials to do so.
Using and customizing the NordVPN Firefox Extension
Let's look at how you can make the first connection and adjust the extension settings to suit your needs.
- Protected status: when you connect to a NordVPN server, this bar will confirm that your connection is successful by displaying the status as Protected.
- Quick Connect: the fastest way to begin using the NordVPN extension. After pressing Quick Connect, you'll be immediately connected to a NordVPN server.
- Search: whereas the Quick Connect option will decide on a server location for you, this option allows you to specify the country of the NordVPN server.
- Account settings: here you can find your account information, change the extension language, and set the Split-Tunneling settings.
- Support Assistance: more information about the extension and live chat with an agent option can be found here.
- Notifications: updates and news about the NordVPN extension.
- Privacy and security controls: enable the WebRTC Leaks option and enable Threat Protection Lite.
- VPN settings: switch on the automatic connection function here and activate the split tunneling function.
- Main extension window: If you click here, you can open the main extension window.