Setting up NordVPN extension on Firefox
- To install the extension click Add to Firefox.
- Afterward, you will be prompted to grant permission for this application, click Add.
- After that, you will be asked to allow the extension to run in a private window, check this and click "Okay".
- After the installation is finished NordVPN logo will appear on the Toolbar on the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on the NordVPN logo and you will be prompted to sign in, use your NordVPN credentials to do so.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password on your NordVPN account as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading a free password manager - NordPass.
It generates secure passwords when needed and stores them safely, letting you avoid time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers a Firefox addon.
Using and customizing the NordVPN Firefox Extension
Let's look at how you can make the first connection and adjust the extension settings to suit your needs.
- Protected status: when you connect to a NordVPN server, this bar will confirm that your connection is successful by displaying the status as Protected.
- Quick Connect: the fastest way to begin using the NordVPN extension. After pressing Quick Connect, you'll be immediately connected to a NordVPN server.
- Search for a specific country: whereas the Quick Connect option will decide on a server location for you, this option allows you to specify the country of the NordVPN server.
- Menu settings: here you can find additional features, such as the ability to block WebRTC, and activate the Threat Protection Lite.
- Support Assistance: more information about the extension and live chat with an agent option can be found here.
- Connection settings: you can turn on auto-connect to get connected automatically every time you open your browser or choose the Split-Tunneling feature.