How to set up the NordVPN Chrome extension
- Find out more about our VPN Chrome extension or get it from Google Chrome Web Store.
- Click on Add to Chrome button.
- Chrome might ask you if you want to add the extension. Click Add extension.
- Then you will receive a NordVPN notification that the extension was added successfully.
- After the installation is finished, the NordVPN logo will appear on the toolbar in the top-right corner of the browser. Click on the NordVPN logo and you will be prompted to either login or sign up using Nord Account.
How to use and customize the NordVPN Chrome Extension
Now that you have a VPN for Chrome, let's look at how you can make your first connection and adjust the extension settings to suit your needs.
- Protected status: when you connect to a NordVPN server, this bar will confirm that your connection is successful by displaying the status as Protected.
- Quick Connect: the fastest way to begin using the NordVPN extension. After pressing Quick Connect, you'll be immediately connected to a NordVPN server.
- Search: whereas the Quick Connect option will decide on a server location for you, this option allows you to specify the country of the NordVPN server.
- Account settings: here, you can find your account information, change the extension language, and set the Split-Tunneling settings.
- Support Assistance: more information about the extension and live chat with an agent option can be found here.
- Notifications: updates and news about the NordVPN extension.
- Privacy and security controls: enable the WebRTC Leaks option and enable Threat Protection Lite.
- VPN settings: switch on the automatic connection function here and activate the split tunneling function.
- Main extension window: If you click here, you can open the main extension window.
And that's it! Enjoy browsing securely using your VPN for Chrome.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password for your NordVPN account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading a free password manager like NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, saving you time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers a Chrome extension.