Setting up the NordVPN Browser extension
- Find out more about our VPN Chrome extension or get it from Google Chrome Web Store.
- Click on Add to Chrome button.
- Chrome might ask you if you want to add the extension. Click Add extension.
- Then you will receive a NordVPN notification that the extension was added successfully.
- After the installation is finished, the NordVPN logo will appear on the toolbar in the top-right corner of the browser. Click on the NordVPN logo and you will be prompted to either login or sign up using Nord Account.
Using and customizing the NordVPN Chrome Extension
Now that you have a VPN for Chrome, let's look at how you can make your first connection and adjust the extension settings to suit your needs.
- Protected status: when you connect to a NordVPN server, this bar will confirm that your connection is successful by displaying the status as Protected.
- Quick Connect: the fastest way to begin using the NordVPN extension. After pressing Quick Connect, you'll be immediately connected to a NordVPN server.
- Search for a specific country: whereas the Quick Connect option will decide on a server location for you, this option allows you to specify the country of the NordVPN server.
- Menu settings: here you can find additional features, such as the ability to block WebRTC, activate the Threat Protection Lite, and manage which websites should avoid NordVPN extension connection by using Split tunneling.
And that's it! Enjoy browsing securely using your VPN for Chrome.
Tip: Don't forget to use a strong password for your NordVPN account, as it will help you to avoid credential stuffing attacks and will keep your account safe.
As generating and remembering strong and secure passwords is not an easy task, we recommend downloading a free password manager like NordPass. It generates secure passwords for you and stores them safely, saving you time-wasting password resets in the future. NordPass also offers a Chrome extension.