Note: when you’re connected to a NordVPN server, NordVPN’s private DNS servers are used by default.
To use NordVPN’s DNS servers on Android TV when not connected to a NordVPN server, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Android TV. They are usually designated by a cogwheel icon.
- Head to Network and Internet and write down the IP address (marked “1” in the picture below).
Select IP settings (marked “2” in the picture below).
- In IP settings, switch to Static.
- Enter the IP address from step 2.
- Find your gateway (router IP) address and enter it in the appropriate field.
- Make sure the Network prefix length is 24 — change it if necessary.
- Enter the first DNS address: 184.108.40.206
- Enter the second DNS address: 220.127.116.11
Android TV is now configured to use NordVPN’s private DNS servers instead of your ISP's default DNS servers.